It was all about the market. Rodri agreed to join Barcelona, and the dominoes started to fall across Europe. Here's your roundup of the biggest stories in world football this week.

▶️ Watch the full edition above.

Rodri agrees Barcelona move

Few would have backed it at the start of the summer, but Rodri has reportedly agreed to join Barcelona. Reports say the clubs reached an agreement in principle worth around €76.5m, and the Ballon d'Or winner was cleared to travel for a medical. Nothing is official until the clubs confirm it, but the momentum is unmistakable.

Full story: Rodri to Barcelona: is it enough for Hansi Flick?

City chase a Rodri replacement

With Rodri on his way out, Manchester City need a midfielder. Fabrizio Romano says City are not giving up on Chelsea's Enzo Fernández and are expected to try again, even after a Friday deadline passed. They're also closing in on Lille's teenager Ayyoub Bouaddi.

Full story: Enzo Fernández transfer: Chelsea set a Friday deadline

Ferran Torres joins PSG

Paris Saint-Germain have agreed a deal for Barcelona forward Ferran Torres, worth around €50m. The World Cup winner reunites with former Spain coach Luis Enrique and takes the number 9 shirt, his sale helping balance Barcelona's books.

Full story: Ferran Torres joins PSG from Barcelona

Liverpool sense a Barcola opening

Liverpool have long wanted Bradley Barcola, and reports say PSG may finally be softening their huge asking price. With PSG adding Ferran and Mika Godts, journalists say a move is now more realistic, with personal terms said to be agreed. The valuation is reported anywhere from £120m to £145m.

Full story: Bradley Barcola talks intensify after PSG omit him again

Aston Villa land Zion Suzuki

Aston Villa have reportedly agreed a deal with Parma for Japan keeper Zion Suzuki, around €30m plus bonuses. Suzuki had been close to PSG before that collapsed. His arrival could open the door for Emiliano Martínez to leave, with Juventus circling.

Full story: Zion Suzuki set for Aston Villa move after Parma agreement

Vicario heads to Juventus

That Martínez thread snapped. Reports say Juventus' pursuit of the Argentine collapsed over the fee, so they turned to Tottenham's Guglielmo Vicario. Spurs have reportedly agreed a season-long loan with an option to buy next summer.

Full story: Guglielmo Vicario set for Juventus loan move

Juventus confirm Lucumí

For once, a deal working toward the line. Juventus are pushing to sign Colombia defender Jhon Lucumí from Bologna for around €19.5m plus add-ons, with the player said to have turned down rival offers to hold out for Turin.

Full story: Jhon Lucumí to Juventus, held up by Bologna


The Football Brief drops every Monday. Subscribe on YouTube for the biggest stories in world football, every week, plus football shorts every single day.

Compiled by the ClutchBrief Desk with AI assistance, cross-checked against 6 outlets. How we work →